Love Your Neighborhood
Habitat for Humanity has been working with neighbors throughout Metro Louisville since 1985. In 2016, we launched a new initiative to make our community a better place for even more of our neighbors.
Habitat for Humanity's "Love Your Neighborhood" initiative focuses on community development and repair through partnerships with homeowners and community groups. Our goal is to increase pride in the neighborhood, while creating a safer and healthier environment through low-cost exterior repairs for homeowners and beautification projects to improve the entire streetscape.
The first "Love Your Neighborhood" for 2017 is on Saturday, May 20th in the Portland neighborhood.
To sign up to participate in this "Love Your Neighborhood" event, sign up here.
The "Love Your Neighborhood" initiative selects multiple streets in a neighborhood where low-income homeowners are invited to participate in exterior home repair projects.
Projects can include:
- Porch and ramp repair or additions
- Gutter repair
- Fence repair
- Other needed external repairs
Habitat for Humanity's "Love Your Neighborhood" initiative will also organize a Neighborhood Beautification effort. These projects bring volunteers together with neighbors to focus on safety and improvements for a specific area of the neighborhood.
The Neighborhood projects can include cleaning out brush and fence rows, trimming trees, picking up trash along the street and in the alleys and other light work that contributes to bettering the streetscape.
Help Us Spread The Love
2016 "Love Your Neighborhood" Statistics
- Habitat for Humanity hosted 3 "Love Your Neighborhood" events in 2016.
- The 3 events took place in the Smoketown, Shelby Park and Park Hill neighborhoods.
- Over the course of the 3 events, 900 volunteers completed 15 exterior home repair projects on owner-occupied homes, cleaned 25 alleys and improved 2 parks (Ballard Park and St. Louis Park) and a community garden (Shelby Park Community Garden).
- The 15 home repair projects were sponsored by Thrivent Financial. The two other major sponsors that Habitat for Humanity partnered with was Brown-Forman and GE Appliances, a Haier Company.