|Habitat’s Response to COVID-19|
|First and foremost, we hope this note finds you and your family well. At Habitat Louisville, our main priority is to protect the health and safety of our Habitat families, volunteers, donors, customers, staff and the community. Based on the most recent directives from Governor Beshear and the White House Task Force, Habitat’s main office, all construction sites and ReStore locations will remain closed to the public.|
While our offices and worksites are closed to the public, Habitat remains open for business. Our staff is working remotely to support our homebuyers, homeowners and to move our critical projects forward.
– We are virtually conducting our homebuyer education classes and town hall meetings on a weekly basis. We are also completing weekly check-ins with our homebuyers and homeowners about the well-being of their families and work.
– We are working with our homeowners on implementing any mortgage payment plans, as needed, so that our homeowners do not incur late fees or face the threat of foreclosure during this time.
– Our construction staff are working with subcontractors to complete critical tasks to keep our homes moving forward. While our sites are closed to volunteers, we are evaluating the best ways to keep projects moving for our families while remaining good stewards of our donor funds and our mission.
– Our ReStore team is working to install new online scheduling software and upgrading our systems in preparation for when our retail stores can reopen to the public.
– Our Administrative team is ensuring all mail sent to our main office at 1620 Bank St. is received and processed in a timely manner.
– We have compiled and shared a resource list providing information on financial, employment and meal assistance as well as health and education support to our homebuyers and homeowners. This list is available on our website and can be easily shared to members of our community who may need assistance.
We will keep you updated as we continue to monitor the situation. As always, remember the CDC guidelines and best practices during this time. In these days of uncertainty, there is one thing we know for sure, our Habitat family and community is stronger than COVID-19.
|Home Starts With You|
We see, now more than ever, the importance and impact of living in a stable, safe and affordable home.
The uncertainty that so many of us feel today, many families have felt for a lifetime – if not generations. The families we serve are already vulnerable; many of them in positions at the forefront of the crisis – health care workers, civil servants, service sector employees; those to whom a missed paycheck can mean catastrophe. Your donation today will bring hope to the many families who do not have the luxury of a back-up plan.
During this time, our commitment to serving hard-working families to ensure everyone has access to safe, affordable and healthy housing has not wavered. Your support will help strengthen our response to COVID-19 in the weeks and months ahead, helping more Louisville families find the hope that a home can bring.
With your help, we will be here for our neighbors. Click here to make a donation.
Note: The CARES Act passed by Congress provides for a one-time, above-the-line deduction for cash contributions of up to $300 made to qualified charities. All taxpayers are be eligible to take the deduction, even people who use the standard deduction.