Dear Habitat Supporter,
At Habitat Louisville, our main priority is to protect the health and safety of our Habitat families, volunteers, donors, customers, staff and the community. Currently, Habitat’s main office, all construction sites and ReStore locations remain closed to the public, however, staff is working diligently on our plan to slowly and appropriately reopen with the necessary safety protocols in place.
While our offices and worksites are closed, Habitat staff continues to move our mission forward. Habitat staff is working remotely to support our homebuyers and homeowners. Our construction team is onsite moving critical build projects forward to uphold our commitment to families seeking safe, affordable and healthy housing during this crisis. Our ReStore locations are continuing to support Habitat’s mission by resuming donation drop-offs and offering online sales at our Hikes Point store. The stores still remain closed to the general public.
See below for more details on our response to COVID-19:
Power of Home Fund:
To respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re launching the Power of Home Fund. Your investment in the Power of Home Fund will do two things: protect homeownership and keep critical projects moving forward. Thanks to a generous matching grant, your gift to the Power of Home Fund will be doubled dollar-for-dollar up to $50,000.
Here’s how we’ll put your donation to work:
- Protect Homeownership. No family should lose their home because of COVID-19. As our homeowners face economic hardships due to the loss of their jobs, your gift helps ensure that our homeowners do not incur late fees or face the threat of foreclosure during this time.
- Keep Critical Projects Moving Forward. While our offices and job sites are closed to the public and volunteers, we’re still working diligently for our homebuyers who are seeking to achieve the security that a home provides. Your gift will help us implement safety protocols and complete critical tasks to keep our homes moving forward.
Living in a safe and stable home during this time makes all the difference. You have the power to bring hope home. Donate today and double your impact.
Habitat is here to support you. If you are experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have concerns or questions about paying your mortgage contact, Jackie Isaacs at 502.805.1424 or email@example.com.
- All Homebuyer Education Workshops are being conducted remotely. For more information on workshop times or if you are having problems joining the Zoom video conference, contact Trevor Loomis at 502.805.1403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are experiencing loss of employment due to COVID-19, contact Trevor Loomis at 502.805.1403 or email@example.com. For additional information on financial, employment, meal assistance and education support visit our resource list.
- Continue to submit your monthly paperwork including sweat equity to Kathy Kessinger: either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1620 Bank Street, Louisville, KY 40203. For questions, please contact Kathy Kessinger at 502.805.1401 or email@example.com.
- Dates for our next open enrollment period have not be determined but if you have completed the Expression of Interest Form we will let you know before it begins. If you have questions, please contact Kathy Kessinger at 502.805.1401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat ReStore: Now taking donation drop-offs and offering online sales at Hike Point ReStore only
Stay up-to-date on ReStore’s donation drop-offs and online sales via the ReStore Facebook page.
Donation drop-offs starting Friday, May 1
- Accepting donation drop-offs on Fridays only from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Hikes Point ReStore Only (4044 Taylorsville Rd., 40220)
- In order to keep our donors, customers, volunteers and staff safe, we are only accepting donation of the following items:
- Furniture (No upholstery, please)
- Home Décor
- If you have an item to donate and are unsure if we will accept it, please call 502. 475.8885.
- ReStore staff will be wearing masks and gloves and we will have sanitized carts for the donations.
- Once we receive a donated item, it will sit on the cart for the next 72 hours before it is sanitized and made available for sale.
- If you need help getting items out of your vehicle, we ask that you wear a mask and gloves so our employees can safely help you with the donation.
- Please do not donate items if anyone in your household has been sick in the last 14 days.
Online shopping at the Hikes Point ReStore starting Monday, May 4th.
- To online shop, please visit: https://shoplouisvillerestore.org/
- Curbside pick-ups for online orders will take place on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Hikes Pt. ReStore (4044 Taylorsville Rd., 40220). If you need to schedule another pick-up time, please call 502.475.8885.
- Items will be updated on the online site every Monday and Wednesday.
- All curbside pick-ups will take place on the side of our building where we receive donations. The purchased items will be sanitized and placed on a cart and wheeled out to the customer’s vehicle.
- ReStore staff will be wearing masks and gloves. If the customer needs assistance in placing the purchased items into his/her vehicle, we ask that the customer be wearing a mask and gloves so our employees can safely help.
- For more information, please call 502.475.8885.
Volunteers & Supporters:
You may not be able to pick up a hammer to help us build just now, but we are looking forward to the time when we can come together again to build the Power of Home for our families in need. In the meantime, here are a few ways you can still be a Habitat Hero:
- Share the joy of two Habitat families as they kick off their builds this month. View below our first ever virtual Ground Blessings on the Thrivent Faith Build and the Holy Highland 5 Build with proper physical distancing!Curr
- Shelter@Home Selfie: Take a photo of a creative way you are sheltering in place or your favorite part about spending time at home and share it with us. Send to email@example.com.
- Make a donation to our Power of Home Fund and help us bring hope home. Thanks to a generous matching grant, your gift will be doubled dollar-for-dollar up to $50,000.
- Shape Your Future. Complete the 2020 Census survey. Your answers inform many aspects of our community and amounts of funding, including federal funding for housing programs like Habitat for Humanity.
- Follow us! Want to stay up-to-date with all things at Habitat Louisville? Stay in the know and see what we’re up to by following us on social media. Habitat Louisville Facebook page and Habitat Louisville ReStore Facebook page.
- Take steps to stay healthy—we have a busy build season ahead of us and when we return, we’ll need your help to build homes!
- Join us in praying for families still waiting for the opportunity of affordable homeownership – especially for those who may be facing loss of income due to this crisis. COVID-19 especially affects the most vulnerable in our communities, so please pray for those who are are fighting the virus and those who may become ill. Pray for our medical professionals and first responders. Pray for our entire community and all those who work to ensure Habitat’s mission continues during this crisis and beyond.
Rob Locke | CEO, Habitat Louisville