It has been a busy summer for Habitat Louisville as we continue to move our mission forward while slowly and safely reopening operations to the public. We’ve been closely monitoring and following Governor Beshear and CDC guidelines and remain committed to the safety and well-being of our families, volunteers, customers, supporters and staff.
Read below for our latest update on what we’ve been doing at Habitat Louisville and how you can help bring hope home to many families in our community.
We thank you for your dedicated support in building a world – and a city – where everyone has a decent place to live. We appreciate all that you continue to do and for your understanding and patience as we navigate these uncertain times. If you have any questions, please call our office at 502.637.6265.
Habitat Louisville’s Administrative Office
We’re excited to announce that our administrative office, located at 1620 Bank Street, 40203, has reopened for visitors, Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Safety protocols are in place, when visiting Habitat’s office:
- All guests are entering through Habitat’s Bank Street front doors.
- All guests are being screened over the intercom and their temperature is being taken in the glass lobby.
- Masks are being worn by guests and staff.
- Only 2 guests per party are allowed upstairs. No children are allowed upstairs unless they are serving as interpreters.
In the past few months, we’ve seen how essential safe and affordable housing is for families. A stable home is making all the difference. In response to COVID-19, we launched the Power of Home Fund and have been working hard to protect homeownership and keep critical projects moving forward.
Our commitment to serving hard-working families to ensure everyone has access to safe, affordable and healthy housing has not wavered.
We currently have 10 homes under construction and are excited to welcome back core and sponsor volunteers to our worksites beginning the week of July 6. To safely start out, we will have 8 volunteers per worksite. Contact Trish Tobbe if you have a volunteer question.
Here’s some additional ways we’re supporting the families we serve:
- We are continuing to virtually conduct our homebuyer education classes and town hall meetings on a weekly basis.
- We virtually hosted an orientation for 13 new homebuyers in late June. These 13 builds, which will start in 2021, will help us provide housing solutions for 65 individuals from 6 different countries. We’re excited to partner with these new families!
- Our next open enrollment period for accepting applications to our homeownership program will be opening up in August. Details will be announced soon on this year’s application process.
- Our mortgage relief program through the Power of Home Fund is ensuring that our homeowners do not incur late fees or face the threat of foreclosure during this time.
P.S. – We hope to reopen our worksites to the general public later this year. We have greatly missed all of our volunteers during this time and look forward to the day when we can build together.
Home Repair Program
From minor to critical home repairs, Habitat works in partnership with residents to preserve affordable homeownership and help homeowners invest in their community.
For 2020, Habitat Louisville is partnering with the Portland neighborhood for our home repair program. In early July, Portland homeowners will be receiving in the mail a take-home repair assessment and an application to fill out.
Completed home repair applications are due to Habitat’s office by Friday, July 24th at 4 p.m.
Our two ReStore locations – Hikes Point ReStore and Portland Neighborhood ReStore – are open for shopping and donation drop-offs, with safety protocols in place.
We’ve also resumed our free donation pick-up service and you are now able to schedule your free donation pick-up online!
Hikes Point ReStore
- Address: 4044 Taylorsville Rd., 40220
- Phone: 502.805.1652
- Hours: Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Portland Neighborhood ReStore
- Address: 1631 Rowan St., 40203
- Phone: 502.805.2035
- Hours: Tuesday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Whether you’re shopping or donating (or both!) at the Habitat ReStore, your support is transforming lives through the power of homeownership. Take a look at some of the items you can buy and donate at the ReStore:
|Lawn & Garden||Lighting||Paint|