At Habitat Louisville, we remain committed to the safety and well-being of our families, volunteers, customers, supporters and staff. Following Governor Beshear’s latest guidelines, here are the steps we’re taking to protect the health and safety of our community:
- Starting Monday 11/23/20, Habitat’s Administrative Office at 1620 Bank Street will be closed to the public and accessible by staff and Core Volunteers only.
- Staff may schedule private appointments, including those with homebuyers/owners, and will follow the established check-in process of questions, temperature check, masks and distancing.
- Beginning Saturday 11/21/20, we are closing our construction sites to community volunteers. We hope to reopen early next year. In the meantime, the construction on our homes will continue to move forward with staff and regular volunteers so that our homebuyers can access the stability and financial security that a home provides.
- Home Dedications will continue to be streamed via Zoom.
- Our two ReStore locations – Hikes Point and Portland neighborhood – will continue their COVID-safe operations. Our donation drop-offs and free donation pick-up service will continue as normal (with our pick-up service donations being placed outside or in a garage) and shoppers can browse our inventory during normal shopping hours. Masks are required to shop at the ReStore.
If you have any questions, please call our office at (502) 637-6265.
Despite these uncertain times, we will continue to serve our community by providing the opportunity for transformational change in our homebuyers’ lives, their children’s lives and in our community. Stay safe, healthy and thank you for your unwavering support of Habitat Louisville’s mission. We thank you for helping us build a world – and a city – where everyone has a decent place to live. The power of home starts with YOU.