Website Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville
Job Title: Community Development Manager
Date: March 2021
Reports to: Director of Construction
Work schedule: Tuesday – Saturday 7:30a.m. – 4:00p.m.
The Community Development Manager leads the Community Development Program through outreach efforts with a huge emphasis on resident engagement. Key duties include frequent contact with focus area residents, organizations, and stakeholders, planning events and workshops, attending community events and communicating program progress.
- Build and maintain relationships with residents, local agencies and community stakeholders.
- Manage the CDR program, including outreach to partners and residents.
- Coordinate events, workshops and education classes.
- Work with stakeholders, including residents, to identify and implement neighborhood projects and repairs. Lead planning of projects, events, workshops, education classes and repairs. (A minimum of two events, two workshops, two education classes and 20 repair projects per year.)
- Empower residents and serve as a mentor to up and coming neighborhood leaders.
- Organize, plan and run events and meetings.
- Develop and implement Community Development Action Plans.
- Engage volunteers from the community, including residents, private citizens and community groups.
- Serve as a liaison (as needed) at boards, meetings and events.
- Train volunteers in skills pertaining to community development and repair.
- Track metrics to determine success of the program.
- Work with Resource Development in securing grants, donations or other funding for events and repairs.
- Work with Homebuyer Services on establishing connections in new neighborhoods where homeowner builds are planned.
- Manages the Project Manager of Repair to complete repair projects on time and within budget.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Construction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Construction Logistics
- Community Development experience
- Degree in Urban Planning, Social Work or Public Administration preferred
- Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of area neighborhood associations
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Organized and detailed
- Excited about resident engagement
- Able to lead volunteers
- Basic construction knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of nonprofits and government agencies is a plus
- Other Requirements
- Driver’s license
- CPR and First Aid is a plus
To Apply For this Job: Send a letter of interest and resume to HR@HRWorksinc.com