Website Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Date: October 2020
Reports to: Director of Construction
Work schedule: Tuesday – Saturday 7:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Involved in the project management of Habitat’s construction program in a way that utilizes volunteer labor, provides maximum community participation, and produces quality homes for low income families in a safe and affordable manner while providing a positive work experience for everyone in the Habitat community.
- Works with Director of Construction to develop and manage project plans for timely completion.
- Monitors the construction / renovation of houses by directing supervisory personnel, volunteers and subcontractors.
- Works with Director of Construction to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
- Visits sties on an ongoing basis to ensure timely completion of work and adherence to construction policies.
- Follows up to ensure all aspects of homes that are under their management are satisfactorily completed in a timely manner.
- Works with the Logistics Manager to order materials and to schedule subcontractors to stay within budgetary guidelines and schedules.
- Meets weekly with the Logistics Manager to coordinate the next week’s schedule and go over deliveries.
- Meets weekly with the Volunteer Manager to coordinate the next week’s volunteer needs.
- Supervises the activities of volunteers on the job site as well as through delegation and follow up.
- Empower staff and volunteers; follows up with encouragement and guidance.
- Provides feedback for growth and development of staff and volunteers
- Fosters an atmosphere of teamwork with HFH
- Develops the skills of volunteers; seeks out individuals with the desire of leadership responsibilities.
- Clearly communicates goals and expectations with other staff members and volunteers.
- Responds to questions and concerns in a positive manner.
- Communicates changes / progress in a timely manner.
- Uses the computer and other tools to effectively communicate with others.
- Participates on assigned committees and in meetings as directed.
- Conducts construction activities within federal, state and city guidelines
- Endures the volunteers comply with Habitat policies and procedures and government regulations, including safety.
- Has the necessary certifications needed to manage construction projects.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Construction experience and working knowledge of “building science” and current construction techniques.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in managing teams and direct reports through coaching and conflict management.
Knowledge and skills
- High attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Ability to read and interpret project plans and architectural drawings
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports, legal documents.
- Ability to understand mathematical concepts.
- Driver’s license, contractors education certificates, CPR, First Aid
- MSD site disturbance and fork lift operator certificates helpful.
To Apply For this Job: Send a letter of interest and resume to HR@hrworksinc.com