Website Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville
Job Title: Major Gifts Leader
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Development
Department: Marketing & Development
Work Schedule: Full Time; Monday – Friday
To Apply: Please send COVER LETTER and RESUME to HR@HRWorksinc.com.
Date: December 2019
The Major Gifts Leader will play a critical role in helping Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville impact more families by developing and implementing strategies for identifying major gift prospects, cultivating donors and prospects, and maximizing gifts. Responsibilities include closing gifts and increasing contributions from a current portfolio of donors as well as cultivating significant new relationships. This position would also develop and manage Habitat’s planned giving strategies. This is a new position created to increase the capacity of the Development Team, and in turn, expand Habitat’s mission throughout Jefferson and Oldham Counties.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated passion for interacting with donors and tangible experience soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts at significant levels. Strategic experience in developing new relationships is also necessary to excel in this position.
- Develop and cultivate a portfolio of a minimum of 150 individual donors with a capacity for $1,500+ gift potential
- Solicit and close major gifts of $1,500 and up
- In partnership with Director of Marketing & Development, help strategize and execute an annual fundraising plan that includes prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation for annual giving and planned giving.
- Partner with senior leadership, board members, volunteers and other natural partners on donor engagement strategies to build stronger relationships to move donors forward.
- Articulate Habitat’s needs, values, and ambitions through excellent informal and formal communications.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity– seeking to understand each donor’s motivation by asking the right questions – and be able to steer conversation accordingly.
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with donors. Secure and prepare for donor meetings; conduct donor research, prepare personalized materials and arrange meeting logistics.
- Collaborate with development team colleagues to forecast revenue and strategize donor relationships.
- Track donor activity and cultivation plans in E-Tapestry database and provide accurate and timely reports.
- Assist the Development Team with organization-wide events as needed.
- Coordinate strategically with the Resource Development Team for Habitat for Humanity International as appropriate.
- Assist in other development team activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of development experience in a non-profit environment, including experience securing major gifts and managing a major donor portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, able to express ideas clearly and effectively along with demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of professional fundraising standards and practices.
- Excellent self-motivation, strong planning ability and highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with confidential, sensitive information.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative in working with the philanthropic sector.
- Team player, with capacity to be resourceful and flexible.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work accurately under deadlines and the pressure of a fast-paced work environment.
- A high level of computer literacy required, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM, E-tapestry software (or equivalent fundraising database), and experience using online databases and other sources to conduct prospect research.
- Passion for Habitat’s mission and goals with an interest in advancing the critical call for affordable housing in Louisville.
Work Environment and Requirements
- Manages work in an office environment with frequent meetings outside the office in non-standard workplaces.
- Must be able to pass background check
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing
- Ability to drive throughout the Metro Louisville region
- Occasional work outside normal business hours, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends
To Apply For this Job: Send a letter of interest and resume to HR@hrworksinc.com